Sunday, May 11, 2014

I Remember

I remember feeding the ducks breadcrumbs in the pond by our house in Murray.

I remember the lady with the three dogs that scared me, so I hid in our laundry room.

I remember getting lost at Cornbellies and nice ladies helping me find you. You were wearing a yellow shirt.

I remember reading Junie B. Jones late at night when I was scared.

I remember summer days when all I did was ride my bike.

I remember the Thanksgiving where Connor and I both wanted the wish bone. He got it and I cried, but you still gave me my wish. A barbie.

I remember watching Freaky Friday and School of Rock an insane number of times.

I remember crying when you didn't bring me home any Panda Express.

I remember the day that my Grandma Pat died.

I remember when I wanted glasses in third grade, so I faked the eye test and pretended like I couldn't see.

I remember absentmindedly singing the line, "if I ever lose my hands..." in Moonshadow by Cat Stevens when there was actually a person without a hand standing next to us on the bus.

I remember getting cornrows on the cruise we went on and it looking extremely hideous.

I remember doing weird experiments on worms with Chloe.

I remember dropping my tamagotchi in the toilet and being devastated.



1 comment:

  1. 'I remember the day that my Grandma Pat died.' This line hit me really hard... probably because my grandma's name is Pat. Really good.

    ReplyDelete