Sunday, February 23, 2014

IHOP

There's something about being at IHOP after 12am that makes for deep conversations.

We talked about our childhood. We talked about why we are the way that we are. We talked about our dreams. We talked about our fears. We talked about our beliefs. We told funny stories. And we laughed. We talked about our mannerisms. We talked about our future. We talked about our interests. We talked about our parents. And our grandparents. We talked about our siblings. We talked about music. We talked about places we want to go.
We talked about life.
         
        And we ate pancakes.

I guess that's all we really need: Deep conversations and all you can eat pancakes.

3 comments:

  1. Yes!! Best thing I've ever heard. You must have a good memory if you remembered everything you talked about. I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first line sums it up so well. I love how you talked about so much and how mundane and beautiful the pancakes made the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I guess that's all we really need: Deep conversations and all you can eat pancakes."

    This is so the truth. Except I ate the three cheese chicken quesadilla.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete