Sunday, March 9, 2014

What Am I Afraid Of?

I'm afraid of growing up and becoming a fat lady who never does anything. I think that could easily happen to me. Sometimes it's easier just to eat and watch netflix and never leave the house because that would require moving and interacting with other humans. Yeah I think I'm going to grow up into a fat lady who never does anything.

I'm afraid of not doing anything important in my life. I keep hearing that a single person CAN make a difference, but I hope I'm smart enough to know what I want my difference to be and brave enough to actually do it. 

I'm afraid of the dust in my attic. And in the places I can't reach. 
I'm afraid of the dark.
I'm afraid of crossing the street.
I'm afraid of time. Because I know that it will go too fast.
I'm afraid of all the stuff I don't know. And all the stuff that I don't know that I don't know.

I'm afraid of what people think of me when I chase my horribly naughty dogs around my neighborhood with meat in my hands to get them to come back inside.

I'm afraid of the seizures that the older one of those horribly naughty dogs has on a weekly basis. And how much time she has left.

I'm afraid of my parents dying. I don't how I could function in a world without them.

I'm afraid of being forgotten.

I don't think the question is what am I afraid of.
What am I not afraid of?


2 comments:

  1. You managed humor and depth in the same post. That's not easy.

    And that image of you running through your neighborhood with meat in your hands. Ha ha ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid of the dark.
    I'm afraid of crossing the street.
    I'm afraid of time. Because I know that it will go too fast.
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete