Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Pictures on my Wall

I'm looking at the pictures hung up on my wall.

Some of the people in them I barely even talk to anymore.

And I look really happy in this one where I'm posing next to a statue of a walrus, but I distinctly remember that I was annoyed because I discovered that my little brother had eaten all the hi- chews right before the picture was taken.

I wonder how many times I've actually smiled because I was genuinely happy in a picture.

We say we take pictures because we want to remember the moments.
But maybe we're just remembering what we wished the moment was.

And I think that's not even why we take pictures anymore.
Now we do it for likes on Instagram or Facebook.
And that's kind of sad.






2 comments:

  1. This is so true. We want others to see our happy moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But maybe we're just remembering what we wished the moment was." Amazing, I see this at times, more than I'd like. Great post.

    ReplyDelete